Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Tasting Chemicals

Well the mobile turned up, a student found it in a draw in the chemistry lab. It must have been when I borrowed a glass tube from there yesterday morning. I wanted the tube to stick into a balloon to blow it up, learnt that I shouldn't put things from the chemistry lab in my mouth. I think it must have been used in some strong acid or something because it tasted like a really strong acid drop (an English sweet) when I used it to blow up the balloon, not pleasant. The balloon experiments have been quite an eye opener, discovered that the charge on a balloon dissappears when you let the air out of it, don't know why yet.
Went to a concert this evening, Rowan's band were playing. They had turned a Jacob Sande (famous local poet) into a rock song. I don't think the old ladies in the audience appreciated it but I thought it was pretty good. Wish I could play the guitar but since it doesn't begin with B won't bother trying to learn before I'm 50.