Monday, May 22, 2006

End Of Term


Well the end is almost here and it's not easy to write about since it's all a bit too emotional and sensitive. Talking of emotions there has certainly been a lot of Knicker twisting here these past days. It was a staff training day today we started off with a session on putting out fires. John got too close whilst trying to put out a petrol fire and almost blew his head off. I suppose to be more accurate he almost got burnt, looked like something out of the show on friday though. Someone should have told him that the fire is supposed to come out of your mouth not into it. During the next part of the meeting I was asked to act as both note taker and chair for small group discussions, If this was a ploy to shut me up then it worked.
The beard has gone. realised that it was going to be one of those bushy ones so got rid. Never really got to like it much. On the way to "work" this morning I realised that if I looked down I could see something on my lip, it's not like I didn't know it was there I just hadn't seen it directly before. Waking up in the morning feeling like you had someone elses face on wasn't pleasant either, especially since that other person had a beard.
As for the end of term, I generally try to keep a low profile, the graduation dinner is usually good fun but I don't tend to go down to wave off the buses, I think that's more of a student thing so I let them get on with it. I once rode my bike down the hill when the buses were leaving and as a result my eyes were watering, I felt quite embarassed when people came to comfort me. Maybe the staff should do what the second years do as the ski week bus leaves, it'll never happen though with so many English teachers, we don't really like showing bottoms we just make jokes about them.

2 Comments:

Blogger SpawN said...

Hmmm... the whole goodbye thing you wrote about got to me, I guess.
I am really bad at saying goodbyes and am far too emotional about it. Especially, like it was in Flekke, if it means saying bye to people that you got really attached to but might not see again.
That's why I just snuck out without saying bye to all that many people, which upset a lof of folks... but well.

The beard looks cool. But well, whatever makes you happy.

And if the teachers ever do decide to accompany the leaving students as second years accompany the first years to ski week, make sure someone takes photos of it. :D

2:58 PM  
Blogger sopheak said...

Chris i can't even cry when they are leaving, but when they are all gone my tear just coming like water without reason. :(

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home