Monday, May 29, 2006

How did they know that?

Firstly the weather has improved and a fine evenig has been spent in Ann Macouns garden. Did the hardest problem quite easily which makes me think it isn't that hard rather than thinking how well I'm climbing. Must try to think more positively.
The salmon fishing season starts this week so had a look on the shelves in the sports shop in Dale "Alf Salbu" . His names not Alf by the way, it's Terje, Alf was his dad. Anyway they sell these artificial worms in a bottle, they look quite real and according to the label they taste real too. How do they know that? Has someone compared their taste to the taste of the real thing? Do they employ a worm taster? Now that could be the worlds worst job. Except it isn't.
When I was a kid we had this bathroom cabinet with a mirror on the front. Inside were all sorts of pills and ointments one thing to do whilst in the bathroom was to look through the contents. One tube was called "preparation H" I don't know if it was my mum or dad but one of them had Hemorrhoids, if you don't know what that is then google it but for goodness sake don't google image. I warned you. Anyway I read the contents of this ointment and discovered it contained sharks liver. Now how on earth do they know that sharks liver cures hemorrhoids? Do they employ someone who tries everything? Pineapple, no...Chicken wings, no...Sharks liver, aaah, bliss.
Or maybe it was like this; imagine walking nude along the beach (walking rather uncomfortably due to the hemorrhoids that is) suddenly you spot a dead shark lying in the sand and whooops you slip over landing with your bottom smack on the sharks exposed liver. Instant relief.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See the comment on Toilet paper.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Tugc said...

Hahahahahaha! Chris, this post really made me start with a laugh to a new day!

9:01 AM  
Blogger hairstyle like an atomic bomb said...

Chris - this post broke all my stereotypes of physicists I had built up here in Princeton. I had forgotten how much fun your classes were. I'm so thankful there are teachers like you in the world to inspire people's interest in the field! Keep it up!
Val.

3:56 AM  
Blogger MARIANO said...

i just got a nasty look from the librarian for laughing so loudly. was worthy, though!
thanx, Chris!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home