Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Book and two types of muscle


The strained shoulder muscle (type 1) doesn't appear to be serious since it hasn't stiffened up over night, so off to myggveggen this evening for the first time this year. Just been up to the book for gthe 110th time this year. Almost everyday I walk up there and sign this book, my ambition is to sign a whole page (it's good to have achievable ambitions). Problem is everytime I get close someone jumps in. The page in the picture is the closest yet. I suppose I could hide the book for 20 days but what would be the point, I'd be world famous but inside I'd know that I'd cheated. (If it had been March then that last sentence could have been the I'ds of March).
I have to buy 10kg of mussels (type 2) today for a meal I am helping to cook in 10 days time. This is not as easy as it sounds because you can't buy them in a shop I have to ask someone who owns a "mussel farm" he will have to go and pick them so I hope he has time. Buying things in a foreign country can be a problem if you can't speak the language 100%. I once managed to buy 2cm of chain in the hardware store, that amounted to 1 link. I'm not sure on this occasion if it was my fault or the shop assistant, in Norway they have the policy of giving people with special needs proper jobs. I think this is a really good thing but it can be problematic when special shop assistant meets customer who can't speak Norwegian. Another thing about being an outsider is that you find that some people who want to be my friend are people that have no friends, sometimes this is for a very good reason. This can be a good thing since I am not prejudiced by things people have done in the past, however maybe sometimes I should be.
I realised today that one advantage of typing with one finger is that if I ever had my hands cut off I'd just have to have to tape a short pencil (rubber pointing out) to each stump and I could type normally.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I miss going to the book. I was there 32 times over the two years I went to the college, so it's not even close to you...:P Seeing the college from a distance helped me many times to look at the problems from a distance and see that they're not that important after all. The picture of the book brings back good memories of snow, sunshine, grass, trees and an hour's relaxation from the hectic life at RCN. Mind if I copy it? :P
Have a good summer still. Sara(04-06)

12:41 PM  
Blogger Chris Hamper said...

Hi Sara; only just read your comment. Sure you can copy the pic. I have been neglecting the "book walk" of late since I've been to raudbua so much. Hopefully start again when the term starts.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zhengjx20160708
christian louboutin wedges
cheap toms
nike outlet
toms shoes
true religion outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
louis vuitton outlet
coach outlet clearance
louis vuitton outlet stores
michael kors outlet clearance
adidas originals store
coach outlet store online
christian louboutin sale clearance
gucci handbags
louis vuitton bags
toms shoes outlet online
kd 7 shoes
coach factory outlet
jordan retro 11
cheap oakleys
kate spade
ray ban sunglasses outlet
pandora jewelry
coach outlet online
nike air max uk
michael kors outlet
michael kors handbags
air max
cheap jordans
oakley sunglasses outlet
louboutin femme
ray bans
adidas superstar shoes
michael kors outlet clearance
michael kors outlet online
juicy couture
adidas factory outlet
toms shoes
supra for sale
louis vuitton handbags

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home