Sunday, September 17, 2006

Hands


This post is supposed to have a picture of my hand on it but my phone won't connect at the moment.(it's there now) Anyway, if you could see my hand (you can) it's all brown, looks like I've been to an Indian wedding or something. Not so many Indian wedings in Flekke so it's not that, in fact it's because I've been stoning plums again. Also the skin is peeling off on the first joint of my middle finger, I've been bouldering every day for the past 3 days. Superb conditions as it cools off in the evening. Am making progress on a project at Iglekjøn jumping for a sloper, caught it a couple of times but couldn't latch on hence the peeling skin. I've also been trying out some recipes, although you copuldn't tell from my hands, made a Tart Tatin (caramelised apple tart). Took a slice round to the potatoe man hope he likes it.
I'm supposed to be making a presentation about natural food for a Global Concerns on health. I think I'll start with something about bouldering. It's bouldering and walking Ben that first connects me to nature, the food comes second. Today I picked some mushrooms and we had them in a Rissotto for dinner. Sort of rounds off the day. I've been in the nature all day and now the nature is in me. I always say that when you eat food you've picked or caught the taste reminds you of the day you've had. Today it really did, I didn't clean the mushrooms properly and one or two of them tasted of soil and moss.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

RomaN

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

good food and stripped skin. Funny, that is how I remember you!

Love to the Hampers, off Jonathan (TRC - '90)

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home