Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Skinheads

Over the years there have been many surprise bald heads in the student community and there is one now. I've never shaved my head, i think it's something to do with a fear of skinheads throughout my youth. I guess they are still around today, more associated with the far right than football. When I was a kid they wore drainpipe trousers with braces, check shirts and Doc Marten boots. There were a few of them at the school I went to (a rough comprehensive) and they were to be avoided at all costs. I didn't like the idea of fighting and have managed to avoid it thoughout my whole life. At school I was friends with all the best fighter so no one ever picked on me. At the weekends my dad ran the youthclub that I went to so I was protected there too. When walking on my own I learnt to keep my eyes on the ground thereby avoiding any potentialy dangerous eye contact. This has proved very useful when looking for mushrooms. There was once some troble at a party when some uninvited guests started a fight, it is the only time I ever hit anyone, however the guy was already on the ground at the time, as I said I had some handy friends. I felt really bad about this for ages afterwards.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i did the same things but still i couldnot ever find any mushrooms while walking(not to mention that where i walked on). Could you explain why???
This is a cool post by the way especially your experiences about fighting at school and on streets.That 's what i usually did when i was back home. Could you post the picture of that skinhead student on the next post??

3:23 PM  
Blogger SpawN said...

Hmmm... so it never happened to you that you recieved a hair cut which was horrific to the point, where you kept thinking: "Oh, just take it all off!"?

:D

10:38 AM  
Blogger hairstyle like an atomic bomb said...

Actually, I shave my head for practical reasons - I like to swim and water in swimming pools is too chlorinated (I guess the regulations of civilization), so it takes at least 3 washing to take away the smell. And so I shave my hair off. Some people also just so much better with their hair shaved - there is this famous show host in Bulgaria who started balding a while back and has been shaving shiny ever since. I guess no one can tell whether he's completely bald now or not.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home