Saturday, September 23, 2006

Video no input

For anyone here at the college more than about 3 years ago "video no input" was a regular announcement at the college meetings. In those days we had a huge ceiling mounted projector with 3 coloured lights at the front, it would be lowered whenever a video was to be shown at the college meeting. There would always be a minute or two to read the message "video no input" while those working it remembered that it didn't work. We now have a much smaller digital version with a different message, something like "searching for computer 1". There is a climb named after this message at the cliff, if I ever do my final project there I'll name it after the new message.
Read an article on training tips the other day. One of the tips for people training alone was to video yourself. Tried this last night and it works a treat, it's just like having an audience. Would post one of the videos but the quality from my phone is very bad and they all came out sideways.
Still haven't been into that new building yet (The Knowledge centre) I think I am now developing a phobia/obsession about going in there. I wonder if I can spend the rest of my life working at the college and never go in? Will see how long I can last. It looks very nice through the large windows, very bright, a bit like the inside of a LIDL store (another place I have never been inside). The windows are in fact so clean you can't see the glass. I walked into a glass window in Førde a year ago when the new shopping centre was opened. My kids were really embarassed not just because I walked into it but the way I played to the crowd afterwards.
Bang
"What the..."
"Who put that there. "
"Should have had a sign on it."
Should have had a sign on it? It would be like the Norwegian classroom, Vindu.

7 Comments:

Blogger SpawN said...

So they made a new building? Oh, I guess you posted pics of it a while ago.

What is it used for?

Cheers!

Roman

7:57 PM  
Blogger Chris Hamper said...

Hi Roman;
At the moment there are two big classrooms downstairs, however there are no longet two classrooms downstairs under admin. Upstairs isn't finished but it will be a big room.
Thomas;
I could say because they use macs but I don't think that's the reason.

8:19 PM  
Blogger The WSS said...

Well some things just never work at the college Chris, like the projectors and certain policies - don't waste your mind on that :)

1:06 PM  
Blogger ...The eyes of the world said...

I sometimes feel like: "Thought no input"...

4:45 PM  
Blogger sopheak said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Chris Hamper said...

Don't you just hate it when you read comment deleted. it's a bit like video no input.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Chris Hamper said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home