Thursday, October 05, 2006

My favourite Sandwich

I’ve just had my usual lunch of peanut butter, honey and banana on cold wholemeal toast (left over from breakfast). I would add cottage cheese but we haven’t got any. When I eat this it reminds me of climbing, I always ate this when I was into serious training many years ago. It has calories, protein and fibre, I think it’s the perfect lunch. I have had an idea for years of producing a UWC sandwich book. We’ve had recipe books in the past but often the recipes don’t work. The college mag had a recipe recently that should have been called instant fire alarm, sandwiches are much easier to make. The book would be a collection of favourite sandwich toppings with a short paragraph of what the topping means to the writer (like what I just wrote). Maybe a photo to illustrate the contributor in a relevant setting (can’t include one today since I’ve just eaten it). The contributions could be collected online from students past and present. Do other people have a favourite sandwich topping or is it just me?

5 Comments:

Blogger Finkle said...

I love
(1) Branston Pickle and Cheese. (2) Picalilli and Cheese.
(3) Peanut Butter and Lemon Curd.

These are all my favourites depending on my mood.

p.s. I also love (4) Mustard and Cheese Toastie. But it's a toastie, not a sandwich.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Chris Hamper said...

These all sound pretty good. For me the cheese would have to be strong farmhouse cheddar though. I see from your blog that you're interested in food too :-)

11:30 PM  
Blogger sopheak said...

hehe both of you are so streng for me, i like Sweet Sandwich, which is my favourite since i was a baby until now
and a lot of peoples said i'm crazy to eat bread, cheese and sugar together, but you don't know how it test and i also gain a lot of wieght when i eat it.

2:27 AM  
Blogger Tugc said...

I used to like peanut butter and apple jam when in Flekke. But my daily one was, salami,mozeralla cheese put in microwave,and then to the toaster..

3:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah. definitely mature farmhouse cheddar...

=)

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home