Friday, August 24, 2007

Seen um come seen um go

The start of another year at RCNUWC and another group of students have arrived. Everyone is as always very keen to get to know everyone on the first day, name games, name badges, lists of names, wrong names changing names. I don't get this thing about names, what's wrong with taking a bit of time? If you know someones name do you know then at all. I have decided I don't do name games, I hat5e being put on a spot. I remember doing what was called "house bank" at Atlantic college. The students, who I knew very well, would come along for money and I would have to find their name on a list. Quite often I'd simply go blank and not be able to remember someones name who had been at the college for 2 years. I'd say "hmm, can't find your name on the list", they'd then hopefully point it out. Never had much of a memory that's why I did Physics. I can always remember faces though, sometimes pretend I can't if it's obvious someone can't remember me, why should I remember them if they don't remember me.
Intro week is same as ever, this year we are cutting all the small trees down that have grown behind the student houses. Here is a photo of what it was like before.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lukas said...

Haha great...

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home