Friday, June 05, 2009

Cutting Grass

Decided to give the grass in front of our house its annual cut. In that respect its a bit like my hair that also only gets cut once a year but in other respects its not the same at all being green, growing out of the ground and basically having the properties of grass not hair. Actually on closer inspection its not grass at all its plants with thick stalks and big leaves (even less like hair). We've got two petrol "strimmers" but both have broken so instead of mending them I've decided to become environmental and shun fossil fuels in favour of arm power so I've been using a scythe, makes much less noise too. So I've made a start down at the bottom since its easier when the cut grass falls down hill onto the already cut bit. My next door neighbour (the potato man) has done a whole field in the time its taken me to do about 4 square meters, he's about 78 years old so has had a lot more practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home