Thursday, May 04, 2006

Invigilation

It's exam time here in Flekke and that means I have to invigilate, this involves standing in a hall full of students making it look like I'm checking that they don't cheat. I reckon if I was a student wanting to cheat i could probably work out how to get round this tight security. I've always thought it would be pretty dumb to cheat in an exam, so you get a good result and go to university to study a course that you don't have a chance of understanding, more cheating, get a job that you can't do get fire and have a miserable life.
Things to do while invigilating:
1. Count how many students are wearing converse shoes (I try to wind up my kids by calling them canvarse, my mum would never let me have these flimsy canvas shoes as she called them)
2. See if I can remember the name of all the students (If I can't remember one I usually take a tour round the room and have a look at the name on their paper pretending to be trying to catch out cheaters).
3. See how long you can keep your tongue perfectly still.
4. Try holding your lip away from your teeth so that it dries out then let it go.
At stage 4 you realise that students are starting to wonder what you are doing.
By the time I have done all of this it's normally time to finish the exam, we are supposed to give a 30min then a 5 min warning that the end is nigh, I often give a 5 second one for a laugh (students will laugh at anything at tghe end of an exam).
So that's a bit about my life as a teacher, just glad I have some other lives too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiger said...

Well, be happy you don't invigilate 4-5 hour exams, oh good old Norwegian school system, horrible exams to sit.
And I have noticed that sudents will laugh at anything at anytime during an exam, like Pete reading the instructions during math. I think it is a defence from the old days when big things with long theet used to hunt us (too much Ice Age, sorry), if you can laugh at it, it is not that scary.

T.

11:38 PM  
Blogger SpawN said...

:D

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site brake discs peugeot free ringtones Hair fishing jigs car prices minivan lexapro and vitamin b 12 forex trading car cover Risk diet pill http://www.vitamins-1.info Video card buying guide cell phone Number of antidepressants per year

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home