Friday, June 02, 2006

Pebbles and shoes


It's raining, most of student's are at Svanøy (an ecology field trip) except the ones doing physics (well if the physics students don't go I don't see why the physics teacher should). Went climbing yesterday, felt rubbish, maybe it's my new found strength. A bit like driving a powerful car for the firts time, hard to handle the power, well I hope so anyway (remember think positive). Trying out a new bread recipe that I might use next weekend when I'm cooking for a group of hill walkers. Cooking is one of my interests which may seem strange for someone who has to keep his weight down, it's actually not strange at all though, all of us serious dieters are obsessed with food.
Ben has a quite annoying habit, he likes to drink water from the shower in the bathroom, the problem is he can't turn on the shower himself. So he stands in the bath barking until someone comes, he then jumps out and waits for you to turn on the tap as in the picture. It's strange what animals learn. That goes for humans too, when we lived on "teachers hill" we had a neighbour with a small son, he was about 2 years old and sometimes used to wander into our house with handfuls of pebbles, I thought it would be fun to teach him that pebbles went into shoes. He'd come round and I'd say pebbles go into shoes and drop one in a shoe. Some years later I told this to his parents, they'd been wondering for years why he always filled their shoes with pebbles. By the way, don't try this with your own kids.
Why do I find friends so funny? I think south park is funny too.