Saturday, August 26, 2006

Partitioned Harddrive

My computer has crashed, can't get in to do anything. Have partitioned the harddrive and now need to re-instal XP. So for the moment no pics since the phone software is on the other machine. Could borrow Hilaries camera I suppose.
Intro week was fine and the Raudbua path is much improved (pics to follow). The "wine cellar" is apparentlly full of bottles ans it's not only wine. This is a huge step, never achieved before. Students and staff are still unclear about the details. Some students wanted their booze back last night to drink in the old style "off campus" way. It would be a disaster if this whole thing fell apart on the first weekend. The first party is on the 9th, hold on. The party organised by ex students that John and I went to is often used as an example of how a flekke party should be run (by John and me) so thanks to the group of 4th years who showed the way and lets hope that the first one is like that.
Looks like there are some keen climbers in the first year so that's good news. One of my first year advisees told me he'd been reading my blog all summer, maybe that's why he didn't ask me anything, already knows what I think.
Looking forward to teaching on monday although haven't a clue what I will do yet. If it doesn't rain I'll go to Raudbua today, found out on wednesday that my final project isn't that hard, should be in the bag this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Hamper said...

Ouch. But if I get a new HD how do I get all my old files back? Luckily I have notes and stuff on the tablet. But have lsot some pracs I collected in last term, at least it means I don't have to mark them yet.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home