Saturday, August 05, 2006

Spiders

So we have had infestations of midges, horse flies and now spiders. Seems logical really that the peak in the spider population should follow the flying insect population. Problem with spiders is they make webs across all the paths, when I walk to Raudbua I have to walk through hundreds. It seems such a shame to ruin all the spiders hard work so I try to duck under or walk around but such is the construction that even if you just catch one thread the whole lot folds sending the spider running for the nearest tree. There is one particular one that is there everyday,I tried to photograph it but realised that it needs not only a low sun but the web needs to be covered in water droplets. One morning, after a shower they were showing up great but I forgot the telephone. I think I'll have to cheat with a water spray. I tried to avoid one particularly fine web yesterday but caught it by mistake, as the web folded I actualy said sorry. I guess the spider won't have understood but will have probably realised I was one of those polite Englishmen.
Have been continuing my Raudbua campaign. Got all the neighbours talking when I started carrying sacks full of wood chippings out to the boulder. I was using it to make a nice landing. Thinking of making a sort of guttering so that water doesn't drain down the rock. Have completetd three more problems but am working on three hard projects. The one next to Salvador Dale is called the Dale Lama.
By the way, the library is coming on well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris!!!
Hope you are enjoying the holiday so far!!!
Nice to reasd your articles!!!
Keep on the good work!!!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Tugc said...

Wow..Another building next to Andersen..I guess i m really getting old..:)

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home