Monday, July 31, 2006

Salvador Dale

Haven't posted for a while and it's not because I've been painting the house. Bouldering wise; flashed a 7a+ of Cato's at Kvammen, that's the hardest grade problem I've flashed. Also have been developing a new boulder at Raudbua, I saw this one for the first time about 6 years ago but never bothered to develop it. Now I've started brushing and digging I have unearthed another classic boulder to add to the Haugland circuit. So far I've done one problem I've called it Salvador Dale, grade 7a+ of course. Reason for the name; the boulder looks like something from a salvador Dali painting. All other problems will take their names from his works. I used to have a poster of "Metamorphosis of narcicus" on my wall at university, I used to spend hours staring at it. Lat weekend was Are Morten and Ranghilds wedding. First time to a Norwegian wedding although this wasn't typical. Weekend before was Are's utdrikningslag (stag night) we went cruising round the fjord in his 175HP rigid hull inflatable. Lots of drinking although I was quite sensible copared to some of the others. Still don't know the story with the results, quite depressing when you work harder than normal and get worse results, awaiting the inquiry. Hilary and the kids are in London, I'm staying at home to look after Ben, didn't fancy going to London to be honest although I'll miss out on some good meals, English Beer, Billy Elliot, curry........ I blew it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home