Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Shrooms

Found these mushrooms today, they are false chanterelles. First time I found them I didn't know and picked them thinking they were the real thing. Gave some to some friends of Hilaries and we all ate them for breakfast. That week on TV was a programme about mushroom picking;
"And these are false chanterelles not to be confused with the real thing. Although not poisonous they can cause halucinations in some people". Oops
Didn't have halucinations by the way, unless of course my perfectly normal day at work was a hallucination and I was actualy lying on my back next to the breakfast table all day. I guess I'll never know.
By the way you can tell the difference quite easily, the real ones have "gills" that branch the false ones don't, for the record here is the real thing. I wonder if the false ones are illegal? Some magic ones are. I always thought it strange how something can be sitting in a field quite naturally but if you pick it you can end up in prison. What if one stuck to your shoe or something.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tugc said...

:) it would be scary if you had actually started seeing halucinations...a walking IB MAN maybe :D

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is your joke funny Tug?
Hope you have experienced this before that you implied this to an ib teacher.

2:52 PM  
Blogger The WSS said...

Chris did you know that you can actually pick up magich mushrooms in summer time around flekke? maybe with them the whole place might look a bit brighter to you :)

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home