Monday, June 12, 2006

Two Blogs is not better than one

Having two blogs is a bit of a pain, I'm spending so much time making the other one look nice that i don't get time to write on this one, the other one is "Haugland Bouldering.blogspot.com" check it out if you're into that stuff. Weather is scorching today (Norwegian Temp scale). The bouldering was good yesterday although Jaran didn't do any of my projects. The meal I cooked on saturday night over in Jensbua was a big success and they all ate my mayonaise and not the bought stuff :-)
I quite fancy being a chef, I often think that is what I should have done, problem is the hours are bad and the holidays are crap. It's much more creative than teaching and the customers are more directly appreciative. I might take a year off and try cooking full time. This deal at Lillingstonheim/Jensbua is a real good thing. Basically there is a ready made restaurant that I am welcome to cook in when ever I want to, I get a cut of the takings. I was thinking about this food business the other night, I reckon that all the thought and care that goes into making something actualy comes out in the eating. I think the customers could taste the effort that we went to to get the freshest mussels and fish and they could see how much care I had taken to get the pastries right. For now it's going to be the odd weekend but it's good to the possibilty to do something different, saves me from feeling trapped.
Cut the grass in our garden today, i was going to use the motor strimmer but it was such a beautiful day I didn't want to make a lot of noise so I did it by hand with a scythe, very satisfying, no more difficult and more environmentaly friendly. Better be careful with all this environmtal talk and beard growing or I'll end up tied to a whaling boat or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home